Total Pageviews

Friday 5 December 2014

I WANT CHEESY PICK UP LINES- BY CYNTHIA KIMANI AKA CI-KAY

B
asically, the internet and so called digital generation is taking over. But I don't fully agree. I want to be mischievous just for a few days and live in my own world. A world where the love of my life and I will escape to a life only true family and friends matter. Where pick up lines are not like, "Heey are you on WhatsApp?" cause obviously if I say yes you'll have to get my number. I want it old fashioned where we'd go for a few dates, have a laugh and even maybe exchange letters. Here's a glimpse of my life in escape.

I want cheesy pick up lines

I want to take a stroll in the park
I want to talk of the melodious birds chirp
Later on we’d watch the midnight sky with its glorious diamonds spark
Just for these few days let’s not WhatsApp

I want to swim in the ocean so beautiful yet so bitter
Get irritated with the salty water as I try to keep my eyes wide open; they jitter
I want you to gently blow them and whisper, “How beautiful they glitter.”
Take a photo as a reminder of beautiful times not for RTs on Twitter

I want us to sit under a mugumo tree, gossip and giggle
For our flesh is weak and truly feeble
Let’s run far apart then meet in the middle
It’s your presence I need, not Omegle

I want to feel you, palm to palm
Let’s simply be us; crazy or calm
Let’s laugh at good times like when you fell while in the farm
A moment we shall share not necessarily on Instagram

I want us to make a fire and burn our mahindi
Ooh the sweetness it dissolves inside of me
You’ll pick your home made guitar and I’ll sing along gently
Just for tonight let’s not use Tubidy

Let’s visit my grandmother and ask her to narrate a story maybe that of the cat and the rat
Be one with family as we sit on the three legged stool and the kids on the mat
Share a laugh and learn how to weave sisal, true art!
This way, memories will last not just for a few seconds like those of Snapchat

I want a painless relationship but reality is that we’ll probably argue
But when we do, let it be of who loves who more than whom
When it’s really bad, we’ll handwrite it and it will start, “Dear baby boo…”
All this will be from the heart we won’t need Google

I want us to be so close that even when you’re not there I will still feel your embrace
Distance will only show me how much our hearts are filled with grace
Once you come home I’ll leap with joy and drench you with questions of each and every place
Get to scrutinize your handsome face know whether you enjoyed your stay; something I wouldn’t tell on Myspace

Cynthia Kimani.
Ci~Kay
19/11/2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment